Friday, September 16, 2011

Semester in Detail

Hey kids.....just wanted to give you an update about my classes this semester.  Here it goes:

1.  Computer Science 1000A (with Labs) - the teacher is female and she's awesome.  The 1st lab we had to create a file and then a folder, and then we had to put the file in the folder, after that we had to type our name and other info on a word doc and submit it to the professor.  -  Yea!.....highly, HIGHLY technical stuff we're doing!!

2.  Anthropology 2320 (Ancient Societies) - the teacher is female and is really nice too.  She seems go on and on at times, but I'm actually learning something.  We're studying specifically the Maya and Inca cultures.

3.  Sociology 1000 - this teacher is a man and he's really good.  But I must admit the readings and discussions for the class are rather athies based.  I just enjoy the discussions and then forget the stuff that is garbage....but I like the class for only that reason.

4.  Photo Arts I - my teacher is a man and he's really good.  There is a lot of work.  We have to make our own pin hole cameras - AGAIN!!! (see Fall 2010 for explaination).  Plus we have to do our own scrapbook (art journal) for the world around us.  Take about a role of file each week using a manual camera and record the "not so obvious" things around us.....I can honestly say....I'm REALLY, REALLY, REALLY gonna like this class.  (yipeeeeeeee)

5.  English-Prose - I have a woman professor, and she is marvelous.  This is the most important class I have this semester.   I need to get above a B in order to pass, and thus to have my prerequisite for applying to the Faculty of Education next year.  This one is important.  We will be studying all kinds of Prose including Charlette Bronte's - "Jane Eyre".   How great is that....I'm looking forward to it!

Well .....there's my semester in a nutshell!

Wish me Luck