Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Orientation!!! Whew!


I am exhausted.....but it was a GREAT day.  At the beginning when I was waiting for the doors to open I felt soooooooo old standing there with all of these "kids".  But when the Art department did there tour, I felt like I was home again.  I am so stoked to get back to drawing again.  The UofL is a bit of a maze and it took me some time to get around and find my classes for tomorrow, but I'll be okay.

I start off with Women's Studies, then I go right into one of my drawing classes.  I can't wait.  I think I can relate to the teachers better, because I am closer to their age than the kids are.

I always felt that if I had a second chance at art school I would do better than before.  Now that I'm a mature student who is only there for one reason...to learn all I can and do the very best I can...then I think I'll do well.  I'm not distracted by friends or boys like I was when I was 18.  My focus is my kids and learning all I can so I can be the best teacher I want to be.

Well kids...gotta get my beauty sleep.  Class starts tomorrow...and I need all the rest I can get.

No comments: