Monday, September 6, 2010

University....here I come!


Tomorrow I go to my orientation and then Wednesday....school begins.  My journey to getting my degrees to become a teacher will begin.  I want to either be a Home Ec teacher (sewing) or an Art teacher.  But if I need to start out in elementary school first before I can find the right position, then I don't mind at all.  I just have always loved teaching, and now I'm gonna get the degrees that will make it so.  I just hope I will be a good teacher when it's all said and done.    I've had so much support from family and friends.  I'm so excited, anxious, nervous, glad, and scared to death.  Well, perhaps the "scared to death" is a little over dramatic, but I do have my worries.  I'm just worried that my brain won't be able to keep up to the young people there and I'll just be mush on the floor.


But if I have faith I shall not fear.  Fear is always the response to the unknown.  I went to college for 4 1/2 years so I know what to expect, but some of the courses I'll be taking, I never took in art college.  I just hope I can keep up and that I do really well.  They say it will probably take 4 years, but I plan on taking some courses over my summers as well, so I'm hoping I'll have my degrees in 3 1/2.   Wish me luck everyone, and I'll keep you posted about my adventures, good or bad.


No comments: